- The nation is seeing increasing Evangelical consensus on pushing for comprehensive immigration reform.
- With the support of about 100 New York clergy members, House Representative Yvette Clarke (D-NY) spoke at a press conference on Wednesday urging for the Obama administration to take action on immigration. Located in Brooklyn, Rep. Clarke's district has a large constituency of Caribbean and African immigrants, which highlights the diversity of the groups affected by the immigration debate.
- New York State Senator Jose M. Serrano published a letter in the New York Times last Friday, calling for a comprehensive review of Secure Communities, and for public consultation before the New York State Division of Criminal Justice services consent to the controversial federal immigration program.
- This Friday, Congress will hold two briefings on immigration issues - one focused on family immigration policies and another on the DREAM Act.
- A large coalition of faith- and community-based organizations and immigrant rights groups are in the process of mobilizing for an immigration reform town hall for New York City and State, more details to come.
Vice President Biden on Immigration Reform
43 minutes ago